Enjoy cherry blossom viewing in your kimono
Road along the river
Reflected on the water
Let's enjoy the cherry blossom viewing in kimono. I'm sure we that you will have a wonderful experience.
- Hello, I bought a yukata to wear at my local sakura matsuri here in nyc, usa. I loved it! The print and colors of the yukata are beautiful. I also loved my geta and obi set =^.^= I was so happy to wear yukata! Thank you so much
- We wore it when we went to our local Sakura Matsuri here in New York (Brooklyn Botanical Garden) last April 30. A lot of people took photos of us and with us, adoring how beautiful our yakatas were! We both loved it!
- I did wear the Yukata I got from Yukata Kimono Market Sakura, when I went Cherry Blossom viewing in Washington D.C. I took a lot of pictures and all the people saw my pic said the Yukata is beautiful!
- Everyone who saw it complimented me and asked where I got it from. I directed them all to you.
- At the Sakura-Festival in Hamburg, Germany. It was a great evening and lots of fun. Thank you for this wonderful Kimono! Domo arigato gozaimasu!
What is cherry blossom viewing (Ohanami) ?
In Japan, cherry blossoms bloom all over Japan from the end of March to April (for about 2 weeks). It's really beautiful and we Japanese have a culture of enjoying cherry blossoms wearing kimonos.
Let's enjoy cherry-blossom viewing with kimono
Do you have the following questions when you go to Hanami?
- Where can I view cherry blossoms?
- what should I wear for cherry-blossom viewing ?
- I am not sure if this Kimono is the right one to wear?
Please do not worry. I will answer these questions.
How to find cherry blossoms
Place a search on the Internet with "Name of your country" + "cherry blossom"
Sweden Switzerland Netherlands Denmark
Norway Finland Belgium Austria Poland
Czech Republic Ireland Hungary Romania
Portugal Greece Slovakia Slovenia
Japan Singapore Malaysia Hong Kong
Indonesia Thailand Philippines China
India Turkey United Arab Emirates
Use or wear pink, white or cherry blossom patterned items. For example, in your kimono, yukata, obi belt, sandals, pouch or bag. By doing so, you will match the blossoms around you.
Take measures against the cold by wearing undergarments, tabi socks, a haori jacket (only with a kimono), and a Japanese patterned or pink muffler.
A yukata is fine to wear for cherry blossom viewing, but a kimono is warmer because it is lined and made of silk.
Place your personal items like keys and money in a kimono bag or kinchaku pouch. A regular handbag will clash with a traditional kimono or yukata.
Get your items
Which kimono items should you prepare for cherry blossom viewing? There are items you are looking for on our site.
Cold protection items
Recommended items for cherry-blossom viewing
Kimono bag : Women
Pink or pale kimono : Women
Pink or pale yukata : Women
Best kimono combination for cherry blossom viewing.
Kimono and obi belt set : Women
Furisode kimono and obi set : Women
Thank you very much loving kimono !