Men Geta : Medium / M-22
|Geta sandals are made from wood with rubber soles and the sandal thongs are made from remnants of kimono fabric. Sandals have a tighter fit compared to normal sandals, so please read the page "Measuring Tips" to choose the correct size.|
|・||Condition : Brand new|
|・||Materials : Paulownia|
|Width||4 inchs / 10.5cm|
|Geta sandals have a slightly tighter fit compared to normal sandals, so please read the 'Measuring Tips' page to choose the correct size.|
We accept credit card and Paypal payments. PayPal allows you to pay by credit card without giving us your card details.See details about payment here.
We accepts returns for all purchases. If you want to return an item for any reason after placing an order, please contact us within 20 days of receiving the item. See details about returns here.
Reviews of products in this category
So I’ve had these for about 3 weeks now and I’ve learned a few things.
- With a little practice, they can be worn almost anywhere. The surfaces that gave me the most trouble however, were wood decks where the shoes slip, and gravel which bites into the wooden teeth and damages them. Rocks on the beach were also difficult but manageable with practice, but sand isn’t much of an issue. If you wear these on a gravel path, you’ll have rocks get stuck in the bottom of the teeth, so you should take care to remove them before walking on delicate surfaces. Unfortunately, these geta do get damaged somewhat easily, but they’re not fragile.
- If you’re wet from a swim, or out on a walk on a misty morning, beware inclined paths. Any dampness on the top of the shoes will almost certainly cause you to slip around in them, potentially causing injury or damaging the geta thong. This is because the wood has been given a coating, so consider sanding the top before you do much walking.
- Due to slips, I’ve had to repair them once or twice. When I slip badly I tend to put too much weight on the thong, pulling it out and loosening the fit. It’s not difficult to repair, but it might become a normal occurrence since the thin rope that runs through the thong to anchor it isn’t very strong. I suggest swapping it out with a sturdier line. Thanks to the thong cover you could even use modern polypropylene line and it wouldn’t be too noticeable. If you walk on uneven surfaces often, you might crush the metal cap that covers the toe anchor for the thong underneath the front of the geta. This isn’t too difficult to fix: gently wedge it off with a screwdriver, and hammer it back into shape using a ball-peen hammer or any sturdy round surface in your workshop.
- Walking with these on some surfaces makes a lot of noise, so be conscious of this if you don’t want to anger your neighbours who will curse you and your shoes.
- To those who’ve never worn geta, they will force you to walk differently and use different muscles to walk. This can be challenging at first, but keep at it. After only 3 weeks of sporadically wearing them around the property, I feel I could run a mile in these shoes.
Came on time, very satisfied
My Geta arrived rather quickly since I chose the expedited shipping. Upon arrival I was delighted to see that they fit perfectly! The quality of these are great, but do not expect them to be one solid handmade piece like the traditional way. The two “teeth” on the bottom are glued on, and there is a small spot with some wood filler was used. Besides that, these Geta are functionally and aesthetically perfect for what I need them for.
You definitely get what you pay for! And I would recommend these to anyone look for good quality Geta
Very nice quality. Since I’m not use to them, they hurt my feet a bit if I wear them for too long but that is common which any geta. I’m going to buy another set. Love them.